Founded in May 1998, then restructured in 2018. AFFIRM is a California organization that seeks to enhance the lives of all people and decrease child abuse, violence, crime, isolation & suicide issues through community connections in Antelope Valley.
We are one of twelve Los Angeles County Community Child Abuse Councils and ICAN, and we also work with the Family University Foundation. We support, collaborate and partner with all organizations in the Antelope Valley that address child abuse issues and prevention of violence.
In 2018, the Council was renamed, Assisting Families Find Information & Resources Mindfully (AFFIRM). Council for Prevention of Child Abuse
Mission Statement – The AFFIRM mission is to improve upon the safety and well-being of children and families at risk for child abuse and neglect by linking them to outreach, education, information and resource systems and to raise public awareness of child abuse issues
Our Goals and Objectives
- Empower a community to live well and be stronger in the protective factors for the prevention of child abuse, domestic violence, human trafficking, and crime by connecting people to resources and each other.
- To provide a forum for professional and community members to learn more about the issues of child abuse and neglect and how these issues affect the families of Antelope Valley.
- To afford an opportunity to voice concerns regarding child abuse and neglect in an appropriate forum in which resolutions to the problems may be developed.
- To be a clearing house for the dissemination of information about child abuse prevention, identification and treatment.
- To provide a place for personal and professional support for those concerned with child welfare issues & strengthening the family.
- To provide an opportunity for students, seniors and those needing volunteer hours to obtain them while helping children live in love.
- Writing Contest – Kick Off — January
- Stand 4 Kids (Summer & Winter)
- Mandated Reporter Training (Spring and Fall)
- Writing Contest
- Awards Night — April
- Art Festival — April
- Darion Wheat/Child Abuse Awareness Walk — April
- Annual Fund Raising
4th Monday of each month 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
at 39130 3rd Street East, Palmdale, CA 93550
Co-Chairs: Rosie Mainella and Mark Carter
Visit AFFIRM on Facebook for more information about our events and meetings!