Founded in May 1998, then restructured in 2018. AFFIRM is a California organization that seeks to enhance the lives of all people and decrease child abuse, violence, crime, isolation & suicide issues through community connections in Antelope Valley.
We are members of the Los Angeles County Community Child Abuse Councils and ICAN, and we also work with the Family University Foundation. We support and work with all organizations in the Antelope Valley that address child abuse issues.
In 2018, the Council was renamed, Assisting Families Find Information & Resources Mindfully (AFFIRM).
Mission Statement – The AFFIRM mission is to improve upon the safety and well-being of children and families who are at risk for child abuse and neglect, and to raise public awareness of child abuse issues.
Our Goals and Objectives
- To provide a forum for professional and community members to learn more about the issues of child abuse and neglect and how these issues affect the families of Antelope Valley.
- To afford an opportunity to voice concerns regarding child abuse and neglect in an appropriate forum in which resolutions to the problems may be developed.
- To be a clearing house for the dissemination of information about child abuse prevention, identification and treatment.
- To provide a place for personal and professional support for those concerned with child welfare issues
- Writing Contest – Kick Off — January
- Mandated Reporter Trainings (Spring and Fall)
- Writing Contest
- Awards Night — April
- Art Festival — April
- Darion Wheat/Child Abuse Awareness Walk — April
- Annual Fund Raising Breakfast at Hometown Buffet — Fall
4th Friday of each month
6:00pm – 7:00pm
Visit AFFIRM on Facebook for more information about our events and meetings!