Asian and Pacific Islander Children, Youth & Family Council (API-CYFC)
The Asian and Pacific Islander Children, Youth and Family Council (APICYFC) is dedicated to advocating on behalf of Asian and Pacific Islander children, youth and families in the Los Angeles County. Formerly the Asian Pacific Child Abuse Council, it was formed in September 1985, when Asian and Pacific Islander service providers, both private and public, from mental health and other related disciplines, came together with their counterparts within DCFS to advocate against child abuse and neglect in Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
The goals of the Council are to:
- organize and maintain a network of professionals who advocate for issues concerning API communities;
- facilitate communication and relationship between community-based organizations and local public entities (e.g., Interagency Council on Child Abuse and Neglect, Children’s Planning Council, Los Angeles Community Child Abuse Council);
- support the advancement of child abuse prevention and treatment programs to meet the needs of API communities;
- provide a forum for professional growth and development;
- provide a clearinghouse for information via dissemination of relevant materials;
- and promote research to identify needs, issues, values, and culturally appropriate services unique to API communities.
Projects & Trainings
Each year, the APICYFC council identifies and executes a year-long project (training, community event, etc.) to serve the countywide API community.
APICYFC meets on the 4th Monday of every month.
Chinatown Service Center (CSC)
Koreatown Youth & Community Center (KYCC)
Little Tokyo Service Center (LTSC)
Pacific Clinics – Asian Pacific Family Center (APFC)
Korean American Family Services (KFAM)
Center for the Pacific Asian Family (CPAF)
Search to Involve Pilipino Americans (SIPA)
Asian Pacific Treatment Counseling Centers (APCTC)
Jackie Ngo, LMFT
Chinatown Service Center – Behavioral Health Division
320 S. Garfield Ave., Alhambra, CA 91801
Tel: (626) 598-3883 Email: email@example.com
Nayon Kang, LCSW
Children and Family Services Division Director
Koreatown Youth and Community Center
3727 W. 6th St., Suite 411, Los Angeles, CA 90020
Tel: (213) 365-7400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org