Founded in May 1998, Yes2Kids is a California organization dedicated to providing preventive education regarding child abuse issues throughout Antelope Valley.
We are members of the Los Angeles County Community Child Abuse Councils and ICAN, and we also work with the Family University Foundation. We support and work with all organizations in the Antelope Valley that address child abuse issues.
Mission Statement – The Yes2Kids mission is to improve upon the safety and well-being of children and families who are at risk for child abuse and neglect, and to raise public awareness of child abuse issues.
Our Goals and Objectives
- To provide a forum for professional and community members to learn more about the issues of child abuse and neglect and how these issues affect the families of Antelope Valley.
- To afford an opportunity to voice concerns regarding child abuse and neglect in an appropriate forum in which resolutions to the problems may be developed.
- To be a clearing house for the dissemination of information about child abuse prevention, identification and treatment.
- To provide a place for personal and professional support for those concerned with child welfare issues
- Writing Contest – Kick Off — January
- Mandated Reporter Trainings (Spring and Fall)
- Writing Contest
- Awards Night — April
- Art Festival — April
- Darion Wheat/Child Abuse Awareness Walk — April
- Annual Pancake Breakfast — Fall
3rd Wednesday of each month
3:30pm – 5:00pm